Planet Party Day
- Date: 03/31/2017 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM
- Location: Manteca Unified School District Office RESC Building
2271 W Louise Avenue
Manteca, California 95337
- Introduction: Sign up to present at MUSD's 2017 Planet Party Day! Fill out the enclosed form.
Planet Party Day 2017
Dear Friends and Colleagues,
The Manteca Unified School District (MUSD) and the Leadership on Green Initiatives Committee (LOGIC) are
pleased to present the 8th Annual Planet Party Day 2017 to enhance student awareness and stewardship of our
Planet Party Day will take place on Friday, March 31, 2017, 9:00am – 2:00pm at the MUSD District Office campus
in Manteca. This event will feature displays, demonstrations and interactive exhibits highlighting Clean Air,
Energy, Water, Recycling, Conservation/Agriculture, and Green Innovations.
Nearly 2000 sixth grade students from MUSD have participated in lesson plans to prepare them for this event.
Planet Party Day is designed to allow students to visit an array of exhibits and dialogue with experts in each field
of study and expand the knowledge that they have gained during the year as they begin to establish their sense
of stewardship for the world in which we live.
YOUR HELP IS NEEDED!
We are looking for interactive exhibits that will generate student interest in green living and inspire students to
want to be better stewards of our environment.
We invite you to partner with us in this exciting venture by:
• Selecting an area of concentration: Clean Air, Energy, Water, Recycling, Conservation/Ag, and Green
• Preparing and delivering a 10 minute hands-on presentation in your area of concentration in the following
§ 3 minutes of Introduction and Instruction
§ 3-4 minutes of Hands-on Activity
§ 1 – 2 minutes - Conclusion and Q & A
§ 1 minute – Student transition to next workshop
• Presenting to (7-12) groups of 35 students throughout the day (9:15am–1:00pm). Set-up of your
workshop needs to be completed by 9am and breakdown of the Presentation area only can begin at
1:00 pm. Lunch will be provided by Nutrition Education between 12:00pm – 1:15pm for the presenters.
Please complete and return the attached form or contact one of our coordinators (listed on the right) to pledge
your support and receive guidelines.
Your participation this year will enable us to create an event that not only educates students, but moves them
toward stewardship of our world. Together we can make a difference in the world that we live.